ASBESTOS REMOVAL EDMONTON
Before the 1990’s asbestos was used in various materials used to construct homes and commercial properties in Edmonton. Asbestos insulation and materials are technically safe when they are structurally sound. It is when asbestos particles are emitted into the air that they become harmful.
When asbestos materials are damaged by an external contaminant or simply break down over time, the fibers and asbestos particles become airborne. When the fibers are inhaled they can lead to a range of serious health concerns. If you have questions about asbestos in your Edmonton property it is important that you contact a restoration and asbestos contractor immediately!
At Western Environmental Solutions, we use professional equipment and processes to properly remediate and restore a property. Our team can test and professionally remove harmful asbestos from your Edmonton home or business. Do not hesitate to contact Western Environmental Solutions today with your Edmonton asbestos questions as well as your asbestos testing & removal needs!
ASBESTOS IN YOUR EDMONTON PROPERTY
What is Asbestos?
Asbestos is a harmful material that was used in buildings, insulations and the making of retail automotive from the 1930’s to the late 1980’s. Asbestos was considered a very useful material due to its fire resistant and lightweight properties as well as its relatively low cost. In 1989 asbestos was banned due to its physically harmful potential. Inhalation of asbestos can cause serious and even lethal health issues that may not show direct symptoms for decades after the initial exposure.
Asbestos in Edmonton
Like other Canadian cities, Edmonton buildings constructed prior to 1990 likely contain some type of asbestos either in the building materials or in the property’s insulation. Edmonton homes and business can contain asbestos in various areas, problematic areas are flooring, insulation, roofing, and other construction products. Attempting to inspect your own Edmonton property for asbestos and or to accomplish your own asbestos removal can be dangerous and potentially infective. If you require Asbestos removal in Edmonton contact Western Environmental Solutions, we offer residential and commercial asbestos removal.
Dangers of Asbestos
When asbestos particles are released into the air it increases your risk of facing a variety of health issues. These issues can seriously hinder your quality of life and can even lead to death:
- Mesothelioma – the formation of a mesothelioma is the most common form of cancer associated with asbestos inhalation.
- Various Cancers – asbestos has also been linked to lung, throat, esophagus, gall bladder, kidney and other forms of cancer development.
- Pleural Thickening – asbestos fibers in the lining of your lungs can cause swelling, which results in chest pain and shortness of breath.
- Asbestosis – a buildup of asbestos fibers in your lungs leads to less elasticity and scarring, which results in difficulty of breathing.
Asbestos Removal Process
The tasks associated with the removal of asbestos from your Edmonton property are dictated by your property’s asbestos makeup and where the asbestos is present. Some of the common steps of asbestos removal are:
- Inspect – locate the areas of potential asbestos in your property.
- Testing – send samples to a lab to confirm the presence of asbestos.
- Quarantine – seal the affected area before removal processes begin.
- Removal – tear out all the affected material
- Clean-up – vacuum and otherwise clean the are
- Disposal – safely dispose of the asbestos materials
For more information on the required asbestos removal processes for your Edmonton home or business, contact Western Environmental Solutions today! We proudly offer a variety of professional asbestos services.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION TODAY!